Suitable replacement for a 2002 Laser LXi?
- Kia Sportage
- Subaru Forester
- Toyota RAV4
- Honda CR-V
- Ford Laser
- Ford Laser 2002
- Toyota RAV4 2012
- Subaru Forester 2014
- Honda CR-V 2014
- Kia Sportage 2014
- Toyota RAV4 2014
- Ford Advice
- Honda Advice
- Kia Advice
- Subaru Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Kia Sportage Reviews
- Subaru Forester Reviews
- Toyota RAV4 Reviews
- Honda CR-V Reviews
- Ford Laser Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Ford Sedan Range
- Ford SUV Range
- Honda Hatchback Range
- Honda Sedan Range
- Honda SUV Range
- Kia Hatchback Range
- Kia Sedan Range
- Kia SUV Range
- Subaru Hatchback Range
- Subaru Sedan Range
- Subaru SUV Range
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Selling tips
- Buying tips
Asked by Dorothy Stothard
I am a single parent with a 6-year-old child who I take to school and then drive to work. My current car is a 2002 Ford Laser LXi, which is in good condition, but I am looking to upgrade to something larger with more space, legroom, safety and most of all reliability. I want to buy used and automatic, either hatchback or SUV, but a bit larger than a Kia Cerato. I was thinking of a Toyota RAV4. What would be a reasonable price for one, and what could I expect to receive for my Laser?
Answered by CarsGuide9 Dec 2016
As a guide you could expect to get $1500 to $3000 for your Laser. The RAV4 is a sound choice. You could get into a 5-star safety rated 2014 RAV4 for $20,000-$23,000, a similar 2012 model for $17,000-$20,000. You could also consider a Kia Sportage, Honda CR-V, or Subaru Forester.
Other Ford Laser problems
- Ford Lancer 1988: Why is the Ghia cheaper than the GL
- How to remove possum pee from paintwork
- Shuddering Laser automatic
- Ask Smithy Xtra Oil covered spark plug in Laser Liata
- Toyota Corolla: A good used car?
- Mystery Shudder
- What price my hatch?
- Key concerns
Most viewed in Advice
- Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know...
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know about the seven-time F1 drivers champion
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia