Octavia RS DPF issues
- Skoda Octavia
- Skoda Octavia 2009
- Skoda Advice
- Skoda Octavia Reviews
- Skoda Hatchback Range
- Skoda Sedan Range
- Skoda Wagon Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Dan Billington
I've been having power delivery issues with my 2009 Skoda RS diesel DSG over the course of this year and have had the exhaust pressure sensor, throttle actuating valve, and turbo waste gate valve actuator replaced to try and fix the problem. After spending about $2000 I've now been told that the Diesel Particulate Filter is clogged with ash and needs to replaced, and the part alone will cost $4000!! This is a 'consumable' item under the terms of the warranty, but I'm countering that the exhaust pressure sensor being faulty has meant that there hasn't been any warning of impending issues there, meaning no re-gen. I drive regular freeway trips and service the car religiously. It's done only 65,000 km and I don't feel that a $4000 part should fail within five years and nominal km. I've had the car at the dealer for five weeks now and am still none the wiser as to whether they'll come to the party with a goodwill claim on the part cost. Any idea how I can get a resolution?
Answered by CarsGuide8 Nov 2013
If the exhaust pressure sensor can be demonstrated to have been faulty you might stand a good chance of getting some compensation for the failure of the DPF, it would make your case easier to justify. The only way to resolve the issue is to maintain the rage at the dealer and make sure VW itself understands your frustration, and importantly, that you will not go away until there is a resolution.
Other Skoda Octavia problems
- Skoda Octavia 2016: Error message "reverse gear not available"
- Skoda Octavia 2000: Why does the engine keep stopping and won't restart?
- Skoda Octavia RS245: Premium or Sports model?
- Holden Commodore: What's a good replacement?
- Were Skoda petrol models affected by the VW scandal?
- Good choice SUV for travelling
- Skoda Octavia has a serious boot
- Thoughts about long service intervals?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Skoda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained