Good choice SUV for travelling
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Jeep Cherokee
- Volvo XC60
- Audi Q5
- Skoda Superb
- Skoda Octavia
- Volvo V60
- Skoda Octavia 2015
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015
- Skoda Superb 2015
- Jeep Cherokee 2015
- Audi Q5 2015
- Volvo V60 2015
- Volvo XC60 2015
- Audi Advice
- Jeep Advice
- Skoda Advice
- Volvo Advice
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
- Jeep Cherokee Reviews
- Volvo XC60 Reviews
- Audi Q5 Reviews
- Skoda Superb Reviews
- Skoda Octavia Reviews
- Volvo V60 Reviews
- Audi SUV Range
- Audi Wagon Range
- Jeep SUV Range
- Skoda SUV Range
- Skoda Wagon Range
- Volvo SUV Range
- Volvo Wagon Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Bruce Birchall
I'm totally confused after looking for a mid-sized SUV or station wagon for my wife and I to do more travelling as we move into retirement. We are prepared to spend up to $55,000, there are only two of us, and we enjoy packing up the golf clubs and heading away for long weekends. If we get an SUV I'm keen for it to drive more like a car than a truck. I have been looking at the Volvo XC60 in runout, Jeep Cherokee Limited, second hand Audi Q5s, demonstrator Volvo V60 wagons.
Answered by CarsGuide31 Aug 2015
I'm a fan of the XC60, which still gets The Tick, but you should also consider the Skoda wagon lineup and test drive both the Octavia and Superb as they are from the Volkswagen family but better value.
Other Volvo XC60 problems
- Volvo XC60 2019: Why do I already need new brakes?
- Volvo XC60 2014: Leaking clutch seals in automatic transmission
- Volvo XC60 2017: Exccessive brake pad wear
- How to reset maintenance light on Volvo XC60?
- When is the new Volvo XC60 coming out?
- How much can a Volvo XC60 tow?
- How long is a Volvo XC60?
- Is the Volvo XC60 front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive?
Most viewed in Advice
- Everything you need to know about EV motors
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volvo
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Everything you need to know about EV motors
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cheapest electric car in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia