Mirage brake replacement necessary?
- Mitsubishi Mirage
- Mitsubishi Mirage 2015
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Mirage Reviews
- Mitsubishi Hatchback Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Cristina Capratsis
I had my one-year service on my Mitsubishi Mirage at the dealership where I bought it. I have a fixed-price service agreement and had been told they will always try to sell you things you may not necessarily need.
My car had done just under 15,000km and they rang to tell me my front brake pads needed replacing. I queried how was this possible after just this distance, as it's a three-cylinder so it's not as if I've been hooning around in it.
I am a middle-aged female so I guess they thought I was too stupid to know any better.
I declined, then had it looked at independently after picking it up and the brake pads still have about 50 per cent left in them.
Just a warning, mostly to women I suppose, not to trust everything you are told.
Answered by CarsGuide25 Jul 2016
Your story is getting far too common and, trust me, it's not just women who are being taken in by some unscrupulous dealers.
Other Mitsubishi Mirage problems
- What is causing the squealing noise when I accelerate in my 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage?
- What new cars with high ground clearance do you recommend?
- Mitsubishi Mirage 2014: Can my LS be fitted so it can tow?
- What's a good small car?
- Which small hatch should I buy for $15,000?
- How long will a replacement gearbox last in a 2013 Mitsubishi Mirage?
- Do you think it's time that carmakers considered selling a small sedan-based ute on the Australian market?
- When is the best time to buy a cheap sedan or hatch?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Chinese electric cars: Top five electric...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Chinese electric cars: Top five electric vehicles from China
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?