How long will a replacement gearbox last in a 2013 Mitsubishi Mirage?
- Mitsubishi Mirage
- Mitsubishi Mirage 2013
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Mirage Reviews
- Mitsubishi Hatchback Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by George
After the last service of my daughter's 2013 Mitsubishi Mirage manual, she expressed concern about a rattle she'd noticed in the gearbox. I couldn't detect it but Mitsubishi replaced the gearbox while the local dealer explained that it was a known manufacturing problem. I understand a different manufacturer supplied the gearbox. Do you know if these replacement gearboxes will last the distance? Should the new one have more than 12 months warranty? Should it have five years, as was the case when the car was new?
Answered by CarsGuide18 May 2018
I think you can be confident that the replacement will go the distance. The warranty applies to the replacement parts, which is a standard 12 months.
Other Mitsubishi Mirage problems
- What is causing the squealing noise when I accelerate in my 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage?
- What new cars with high ground clearance do you recommend?
- Mitsubishi Mirage 2014: Can my LS be fitted so it can tow?
- What's a good small car?
- Which small hatch should I buy for $15,000?
- Do you think it's time that carmakers considered selling a small sedan-based ute on the Australian market?
- When is the best time to buy a cheap sedan or hatch?
- Mirage brake replacement necessary?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained