Hyundai i30 2013: Cracked sunroof
- Hyundai i30
- Hyundai Advice
- Hyundai i30 Reviews
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Hyundai Wagon Range
- Small Cars
- Car Servicing
Asked by Mikaela Rose
I have been told on two separate occasions that the car has been put back together and that the sunroof or the interior blind are not working.
The dealership has been told by Hyundai that the Hyundai wiring diagrams to fix the problem with the car do not exist and they are not providing a solution for the dealership that has repeatedly contacted them.
I have contacted Hyundai Customer Care myself with no reply.
I'm not sure what my next step should be and neither does the dealership.
My main concern is that my car is not being repaired back to a factory standard as Hyundai is providing no support or answers for the dealership to fix the problem. I have been told it is an intermittent electrical fault, which I fear, impacts on my safety when driving the car.
The main reason that I bought a brand new Hyundai was for its safety features and the assumption that I wouldn't encounter a situation like this. I'm at a loss as to how fix this problem and get my car back repaired to a safe and factory standard.
Answered by CarsGuide20 Mar 2017
It seems you have been, and continue to be treated appallingly.
I cannot believe that the problem hasn't been sorted. If it is beyond the dealer, and Hyundai in Australia, to fix it they should fly a technician out from Korea to fix it.
We have contacted Hyundai to seek help in sorting the problem.
UPDATE - 22/03/2017
As a result of our contacting Hyundai we understand you have been offered two free services as a gesture of goodwill and that you are "delighted" with the outcome.
Other Hyundai i30 problems
- Does the 2.0-litre engine in a 2012 Hyundai i30 have a timing belt or chain?
- How do I stop the brake lights staying on in my 2018 Hyundai i30?
- What car should I replace my 2011 Hyundai i20 with?
- Does a 2010 Hyundai i30 have a timing belt or chain?
- Hyundai i30 2010: Why can I smell exhaust fumes in my car?
Most viewed in Advice
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Fuel efficiency explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Fuel efficiency explained