What SUV should I buy?
- Mazda CX-5
- Volkswagen Golf
- Nissan Qashqai
- Volkswagen Golf 2006
- Mazda CX-5 2014
- Mazda CX-5 2015
- Nissan Qashqai 2015
- Mazda Advice
- Nissan Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Mazda CX-5 Reviews
- Volkswagen Golf Reviews
- Nissan Qashqai Reviews
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda SUV Range
- Nissan Hatchback Range
- Nissan SUV Range
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
- Volkswagen SUV Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Rudi Van Hardeveld
My wife is 68 and has a 2006 Golf GTI that she loves. It has only done 35,000km and is in showroom condition but unfortunately she has a stiff neck and her vision to the sides is a little restricted. The Golf does not have a reversing camera. She is thinking about getting a small SUV so that she can sit a little higher and also get a vehicle that has a rear-view camera, blind-spot warning and lane departure warning. She is looking at a Nissan Qashqai or a similar vehicle - or should she keep the Golf?
Answered by CarsGuide5 Jan 2015
A compact SUV will probably be better for her but I'd put the Mazda CX-5 - which gets The Tick - well ahead of the Qashqai.
Other Mazda CX-5 problems
- Which mid-size, diesel SUV should I buy?
- Will the stop/start function damage the turbo in my Mazda CX-5?
- How can I replace a damaged compliance plate?
- What may have caused my Mazda CX-5 to suddenly stall?
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- What is the best family SUV for around $20000?
- What car should I buy now that my Mazda 6 doesn't suit my needs?
- Why does my Mazda CX-5 2013 have an excessive amount of condensation?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Tesla Cybertruck: Everything we know
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The future of electric cars: When will...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Tesla Cybertruck: Everything we know
12 best EVs available in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The future of electric cars: When will electric cars take over in Australia?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Top five electric SUVs in Australia