Holden Commodore 2014: Do I need an extended warranty?
- Holden Commodore
- Holden Commodore 2014
- Holden Advice
- Holden Commodore Reviews
- Holden Sedan Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Chris Moores
We recently purchased a near-new 2014-plated Holden Commodore SV6 with only 7000km on the clock. The sale price included an extra 3 years free warranty; the catch being it must only be serviced at the dealership where we purchased it. What are your thoughts on the potential need for this extended warranty? The dealership is 40 min from home and of course there is the price difference compared to my trusty, local mechanic, who is more than competent. Would the three-year factory warranty be sufficient to uncover any unknown problems with this car?
Answered by CarsGuide23 Oct 2015
For starters, the extra warranty is from the dealer who sold you the car, it's not from Holden, and so it's not a factory warranty as such. I generally don't believe these extra warranties are of value; dealers sell, or occasionally give them to you to make more money or to sweeten a deal. The Holden factory warranty is sufficient to cover whatever might occur in that first three-year period.
Other Holden Commodore problems
- What transmission box do I have in my 2007 Holden Commodore VE?
- What oil goes into a 1998 Holden Commodore?
- Why is my 2005 Holden Commodore overheating?
- Will a column-shift auto from a 1999 Holden Commodore ute fit into a 1996 model?
- What type of differential is fitted to the 2001 Holden Commodore?
- Holden Commodore 2010: Does this model suffer from the timing chain issue?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
- Holden Commodore 2002: Engine misfiring
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?