Crewman Cross8 clutch
- Holden Crewman
- Holden Crewman 2004
- Holden Advice
- Holden Crewman Reviews
- Holden Commercial Range
- Holden Ute Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Chris Minehan.
The 4L65 transmission on my 2004 Holden Cross8 has just lunched itself after only 67,000 km, the dealer says it has destroyed the clutch packs on three of the four gears. I bought it to tow and with some plans of giving it a hard time, but it has only ever been driven conservatively and hardly ever towed anything. It?s out of warranty, obviously, but surely Holden can't expect to sell cars that only last 67,000 km? I have a quote from a performance shop that, for only $800 more than a reconditioned unit, will fix mine and they say it's bulletproof and they give a 2-year unlimited km warranty. Would Holden consider some compensation even though it is out of warranty? I guess they wouldn?t if I was going to have the performance shop rebuild it, would they? Is it worth approaching them, if so how should I do it?
Answered by CarsGuide17 Jun 2010
I would approach Holden with a claim for part compensation, the only to do it is through your dealer in the first instance, and then direct to Holden of the dealer rejects you. If you do choose to make a claim against Holden have all your documentation available to give to them, and that includes the car’s service history. You also need to be able to support your claim that you haven’t abused the transmission. If they did agree to your claim, and I doubt they would, they would most likely supply the parts to rebuild it, and leave you to pick up the tab for the labour.
Other Holden Crewman problems
- Crewman warning lights
- Crewman timing chain stretching
- Holden Commodore 2006: LPG problem
- Holden Crewman water problem
- Holden crewman clunking noise
- VE Commodore ignition coil failures
- Ask Smithy Xtra Holden Crewman with clunking diff
- Ask Smithy Xtra Lost keys for Holden Crewman
Most viewed in Advice
- Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
- Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking...
- The best cars from the Fast and the Furious...
- ZD30 Patrol: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol...
- RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol...
- What demerit points count if you get booked...
- Is it illegal to drive without a passenger...
- Australian road signs for dummies
- ANCAP safety ratings explained
- How long do demerit points last?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking affordable vehicles
The best cars from the Fast and the Furious franchise
ZD30 Patrol: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol ZD30 engine
RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol motor
What demerit points count if you get booked in another state?
Is it illegal to drive without a passenger side mirror?
Australian road signs for dummies
ANCAP safety ratings explained
How long do demerit points last?