Mitsubishi Triton: Will it overheat when towing like the Toyota Hilux and Prado?
- Toyota HiLux
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2010
- Mitsubishi Triton 2010
- Toyota HiLux 2010
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota HiLux Reviews
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Reviews
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
- Toyota Commercial Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Toyota Ute Range
Asked by Paul Cox
With all the news in the press lately about the automatic transmission in the Toyota Hilux and Prado overheating when towing, I am wondering if this could be a problem with the Mitsubishi Triton?
Answered by CarsGuide28 Sep 2010
There is nothing to suggest there is a problem with the Triton, but it’s worth checking the owner’s manual to familiarize yourself with any recommendations Mitsubishi makes about towing with the Triton. That way you will minimize the risks of having a problem.
Other Toyota HiLux problems
- Which 4x4 Dual Cab ute should I buy?
- Will Toyota make a 3.3 litre diesel V6 engine in the Fortuner?
- When is the 2021 Toyota HiLux SR5+ being released?
- What is the fuel consumption for a 1999 Toyota Hilux?
- What dual cab 4x4 ute should I buy?
- Can the Toyota HiLux be flat-towed?
- X-Trail or HiLux?
- Toyota HiLux: How do I check if the chassis is bent?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- When to use low range in your 4x4
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The ultimate guide to dual-battery systems
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
When to use low range in your 4x4
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The ultimate guide to dual-battery systems