A Crack at BMW
Asked by Joel Marsland
AS ANOTHER of your readers has reported, I too have had the rims on my BMW X5 Sport crack in normal driving situations, and I know of two others who have had the same problem. BMW says they have never had any complaints, but I find that hard to believe. I had the cracked rim examined, and was told by the company who checked it that they had seen it before. As far as BMW customer service goes, that leaves a lot to be desired.
Answered by CarsGuide6 Nov 2009
BMW has told us they believe those rims cracked because the tyres were underinflated. Large alloy wheels with low-profile tyres are also more prone to being damaged by hitting kerbs. Perhaps other readers can tell us about their experiences with the X5 wheels.
Other BMW X5 problems
- BMW X5: Replacement key cost
- Land Rover Discovery 3 and BMW X5 2009: Maintenance costs
- BMW X5 2003: What is the market value?
- What would be the better SUV between the Volkswagen Touareg, BMW X5 and Toyota Prado?
- I think my dealership lied