Holden Vectra 2004 Review
- Holden Vectra 2004
- Holden Hatchback Range
- Holden Sedan Range
- Holden Reviews
- Holden Vectra
- Budget cars
- Built in Europe, Vectra is a stylish car available as a five door hatch or a four door sedan in 2.2-litre four cylinder or 3.2-litre V6.
- Recent price and spec' adjustments make Vectra a more tempting package than when it came out.
- The 2.2-litre four is now in CD grade at $31,990 plus on roads for the five speed manual while the five speed auto is an extra two grand.
- On paper power deficit compared with competition doesn't translate to on road due to good torque and gearing. Peak output is 108kW/203Nm.
- Engine has twin cams and balance shafts, 16 valves and a dual mass flywheel which help smooth things out as well as improve response.
- Will run well on standard ULP, better on premium.
- Surprisingly economical for a biggish, heavyish car with 8.0l/100km easily achievable.
- Automatic test car was excellent all rounder, particularly in city driving. Auto fully taps engine output, adapts and changes smoothly. Has a sequential mode for "manual" shifting.
- Ride and handling dynamics have typical European feel with comfort and control under most conditions.
- There's a firmer feel to the steering and brakes but it's much better than the mushiness of other makes.
Puts you in touch with the car.
- Electronic controls (traction, brake and cornering) for dynamic functions are not overly intrusive.
- Seats are comfortable offering plenty of adjustment and support.
- Three in the back is a tight squeeze but five three point belts are welcome.
- Big boot and plenty of storage in the cabin.
- Love the styling, some don't but there are radical and conservative thinkers all through society.
- Upgrades for '04 are difficult to spot – clear side repeater lights, rear indicator lenses and some body coloured bits on the low spec' cars.
Oops, nearly forgot the new colours and a bit more flash on the dash.
- Interior is stylish too, the dash layout particularly pleases as it breaks new ground, moves away from generic/boring.
- CD model is well equipped, pretty well nothing is left off the menu, check air con.
Good looker, well specified and priced, needs more poke to stay with competition.
Range and Specs
|CD||2.2L, ULP, 5 SP MAN||$2,500 – 3,990||2004 Holden Vectra 2004 CD Pricing and Specs|
|CDX||3.2L, PULP, 5 SP AUTO||$4,840 – 7,040||2004 Holden Vectra 2004 CDX Pricing and Specs|
|CDXi||3.2L, PULP, 5 SP AUTO||$5,610 – 7,920||2004 Holden Vectra 2004 CDXi Pricing and Specs|
|CD||2.2L, ULP, 5 SP AUTO||$2,500 – 3,990||2004 Holden Vectra 2004 CD Pricing and Specs|
Lowest price, based on 3 car listings in the last 6 months