Nissan turns down Invitation

Nissan Nissan News Hatchback Best Hatchback Cars Nissan Hatchback Range Sedan Best Sedan Cars Nissan Sedan Range Car News
...
" ... we don't have a reason to import a car like the Invitation," says Nissan spokesman Jeff Fisher.
Photo of Neil Dowling
Neil Dowling

Contributing Journalist

1 min read

Instead, the Invitation concept hatch - to be shown at next month's Geneva motor show - will become the replacement for the long-standing Europe-only Nissan Note hatchback.

Nissan Australia spokesman Jeff Fisher says the Invitation will remain in its European envelope.

"We have the Pulsar and Dualis and Micra here - we don't have a reason to import a car like the Invitation," he says. "We have previously done a lot of work on the Note to see if it would fit in our Australian line-up, but it doesn't work. So we haven't identified the concept car as joining our range."

The Invitation, which looks extraordinarily like a Honda Jazz, will be powered by one of Nissan's new low-emission engines under the Pure Drive label. Pure Drive is the company's name for high-efficiency systems and is the equivalent to the ECO2 range offered by associate company Renault.

Nissan will use the name to identify vehicles that emit less than 140g/km of CO2, including the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines fitted to the current Note and Micra in Europe.

Photo of Neil Dowling
Neil Dowling

Contributing Journalist

GoAutoMedia Cars have been the corner stone to Neil’s passion, beginning at pre-school age, through school but then pushed sideways while he studied accounting. It was rekindled when he started contributing to magazines including Bushdriver and then when he started a motoring section in Perth’s The Western Mail. He was then appointed as a finance writer for the evening Daily News, supplemented by writing its motoring column. He moved to The Sunday Times as finance editor and after a nine-year term, finally drove back into motoring when in 1998 he was asked to rebrand and restyle the newspaper’s motoring section, expanding it over 12 years from a two-page section to a 36-page lift-out. In 2010 he was selected to join News Ltd’s national motoring group Carsguide and covered national and international events, launches, news conferences and Car of the Year awards until November 2014 when he moved into freelancing, working for GoAuto, The West Australian, Western 4WDriver magazine, Bauer Media and as an online content writer for one of Australia’s biggest car groups. He has involved himself in all aspects including motorsport where he has competed in everything from motocross to motorkhanas and rallies including Targa West and the ARC Forest Rally. He loves all facets of the car industry, from design, manufacture, testing, marketing and even business structures and believes cars are one of the few high-volume consumables to combine a very high degree of engineering enlivened with an even higher degree of emotion from its consumers.
About Author

Comments