Why doesn't my Android connect via Bluetooth in my 2017 Isuzu D-Max?
Asked by Bob
Since I purchased it in September 2017 I have had issues with the Bluetooth connection to my Android phone in my 2017 Isuzu D-Max. Everybody complains that they cannot hear me clearly but I can hear them. I took it to Isuzu and the dealer said it's a known problem but there is no fix unless I move to an iPhone. I have done some googling but nothing comes up. It is frustrating as the sound system is good but when I connect my phone I cannot listen to music.
Answered by CarsGuide8 Jul 2021
This topic has been a red-hot one for many years now. It seems a lot of car-makers can’t seem to get it right when it comes to specifying a Bluetooth system that will work for Australian customers. Toyota had all sorts of crazy issues with the Bluetooth in its vehicles of a few years ago, although recent experience suggests that is now sorted.
I’ve not heard of the Isuzu D-Max as a problem child specifically, but it doesn’t surprise me to hear that you’re having difficulties. There’s a theory that some Bluetooth systems simply don’t play well with some makes and models of phones, and that could be what’s happening to you. A quick check would be to find a friend with an iPhone and see if that will work better in your car. That would at least rule out a blanket problem with the unit in your car.
Other Isuzu D-Max problems
- What can I do after the engine cover arms of my 2019 Isuzu D-Max broke after being serviced?
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- Why wont the RPM of my 2015 Isuzu D-Max go higher than 2500?
- Why doesn't the radio work in my 2016 Isuzu D-Max?
- Is the Ford Ranger, Isuzu D-Max or VW Amarok best for towing a 2.8 tonne caravan?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
- What is the fuel economy like in the 2020 Isuzu D-Max?
- What car should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Everything you need to know about car sharing...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Isuzu
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Everything you need to know about car sharing in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia