Water in Fuel
- Peugeot 308
- Peugeot 308 2009
- Peugeot Advice
- Peugeot 308 Reviews
- Peugeot Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Lornita Papworth
AFTER filling the tank of my Peugeot 308 HDi, the on-board sensors indicated water in the fuel and filters. A dealership found the ratio of water to diesel to be at least 10 times the acceptable limit. How does the consumer go about taking on the supplier of the fuel?
Answered by CarsGuide30 Oct 2009
HOPEFULLY you have a receipt showing the date and time you bought the fuel and, armed with the report from the dealership, go to the servo and show them they have a problem that may affect other motorists, and go to the fuel company and seek compensation for the cost you have incurred.
Other Peugeot 308 problems
- What is causing the oil warning light to come on in my 2009 Peugeot 308?
- What used car should I buy?
- Peugeot 308 2014: Is there any known problems with the timing chain on the 1.6 petrol turbo engine?
- Peugeot 308 2009: What battery does it need?
- How does the Peugeot 308 compare to the Mazda 3?
- Peugeot 308 2013: Is my Allure a lemon?
- Peugeot 308 2008: Problem with the ECU?
- Updating from a 308