Tips for a first car-buyer
- Mazda 3
- Mazda 2
- Mazda 2 2013
- Mazda 3 2013
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Mazda 2 Reviews
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Buying tips
- First Car
Asked by Leanne Vaz
I am looking to buy my first car. I've done a bit of research, but I still have many questions that need to be answered. I am currently looking at purchasing a used 2013 Mazda 2 or 3 hatch (or similar), but I am still rattled, as I don't really have anyone to advise me on cars. Do you have any suggestions, or tips for me?
Answered by CarsGuide3 Jul 2015
You've chosen a good brand in Mazda, and good models in the 2 and 3. Both are good cars and give little trouble, so you can't go far wrong with either one. There are other brands as well, but I would recommend that you stick with Japanese brands and not be tempted by European cars, which can be expensive to service and repair. Look for a car in good condition and well presented both inside and out, a car that drives smoothly, and doesn't have any odd noises or vibrations. Don't take any notice of the salesmen trying to sell you a car; they're just trying to relieve you of your money and some will tell you anything to make that happen. If you can't take a trusted friend along to help you assess a car, consider getting the NRMA to check it for you.
Other Mazda 2 problems
- Best small hatch under $30,000?
- Is the Mazda 2 Neo a reliable car?
- Mazda 2 2011: What is the blue water symbol?
- Mazda 2: Replacement key cost
- Mazda 2 2000: PSI
- Mazda 2 2016: Speedometer blacks out
- Mazda 2 2005: What variant do I have?
- What $20,000 car should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- TD42 engine: Your guide to the Nissan turbo...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- When to use low range in your 4x4
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
TD42 engine: Your guide to the Nissan turbo diesel motor
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
When to use low range in your 4x4
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list