Nissan Navara 2019: Accelerator failure code
- Nissan Navara
- Nissan Navara 2019
- Nissan Advice
- Nissan Navara Reviews
- Nissan Commercial Range
- Nissan Ute Range
Asked by Eliza
I'm having issues with brake/accelerator failure code P0226 on my 2019 Nissan Navara. The accelerator stops working completely or feels like it disengages, loses power then kicks in again intermittently. Ten times this car has been back for this major fault and there’s been no replacement or refund. The dealership has replaced the accelerator pedal three times, the battery and the wiring loom. I have other electrical issues like the audio unit not loading Bluetooth, freezing, black screen, or taking over 10 minutes to load. The replacement audio unit now has a black screen instead of reverse camera, while the Bluetooth is now making it impossible for people to understand me. What do I do next?
Answered by CarsGuide4 May 2020
This is sounding like one for Consumer Affairs, to be honest. Clearly, the vehicle is not safe to be driven in its current condition (for a variety of reasons) so I think Nissan should come to the party and at least offer you a replacement vehicle until your is fixed. And if your vehicle can’t be fixed, I don’t think the option of a replacement vehicle or a full refund should be out of the question.
The factory warranty is there to protect you, but in cases like this where the problems can’t be resolved in a timely manner, the warranty isn’t worth much at all.
Check out consumer.vic.gov.au and follow the links to the section on cars. It would also be worth informing your dealership that you’re about to get serious; it might make things happen a bit faster.
By the way, PO226 is a generic fault code (not specific to Nissan or this model Navara) and relates to a fault in the range or operation of the throttle-pedal position switch. But your other problems including the Bluetooth and reversing camera failure all point to a bigger electrical problem. Has the vehicle’s body computer been checked?
Other Nissan Navara problems
- How much will it cost to replace the clutch in my 2008 Nissan Navara?
- Does the 2010 Nissan Navara have a timing belt or chain?
- Why has my 2011 Nissan Navara lost most of its engine power?
- Which 4x4 Dual Cab ute should I buy?
- Is the 2007 Nissan Navara a good choice?
- Nissan Navara 2010: Why is the engine light coming on?
- Nissan Navara 2011: Why does it go into limp mode?
- Nissan Navara 2008: Where is the device for opening the bonnet?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with G