My first car
- Mazda 2
- Volkswagen Polo
- Toyota Yaris
- Ford Fiesta
- Hyundai Getz
- Nissan Tiida
- Ford Fiesta 2008
- Nissan TIIda 2008
- Mazda 2 2008
- Toyota Yaris 2008
- Hyundai Getz 2008
- Volkswagen Polo 2008
- Ford Advice
- Hyundai Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Nissan Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Mazda 2 Reviews
- Volkswagen Polo Reviews
- Toyota Yaris Reviews
- Ford Fiesta Reviews
- Hyundai Getz Reviews
- Nissan Tiida Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Ford Sedan Range
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Hyundai Sedan Range
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Nissan Hatchback Range
- Nissan Sedan Range
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
- Volkswagen Sedan Range
- First Car
- Buying tips
Asked by Alannah Orr
I'M 17 years old and ready to buy my first car. Should I buy a used or new car? And what models make a good first car?
Answered by CarsGuide17 Apr 2008
BUYING used is not going to cost you as much as buying new, but you need to know about cars or have the help of someone who does. Otherwise, buy new and get the security of a warranty. The new car will also be safer. Generally they have more safety features built into them and will probably use less fuel than an older car. Look at the Mazda 2, Toyota Yaris, Nissan Tiida, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Getz and VW Polo.
Other Mazda 2 problems
- Best small hatch under $30,000?
- Is the Mazda 2 Neo a reliable car?
- Mazda 2 2011: What is the blue water symbol?
- Mazda 2: Replacement key cost
- Mazda 2 2000: PSI
- Mazda 2 2016: Speedometer blacks out
- Mazda 2 2005: What variant do I have?
- What $20,000 car should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- TD42 engine: Your guide to the Nissan turbo...
- RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol six-cylinder motor
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
TD42 engine: Your guide to the Nissan turbo diesel motor
RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol motor