Mitsubishi Triton: Rust
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2013
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
- Family Cars
- Car Servicing
Asked by Trevor Salisbury
I had rust spotting on my 2013 Mitsubishi Triton within three months of buying it brand new in June 2014. I took it to my dealer and they admitted there was a problem. They put a clay bay over the whole car, but this did not resolve the issue. I took it back, but they assumed no responsibility, and said there is nothing they could do. Two years on I now have rust appearing on top of three door folds and the rust spots have become bigger and more numerous. Has anyone else had this same issue?
Answered by CarsGuide8 Jul 2016
There have been other reports of rust in the Triton. When Mitsubishi was approached with a similar problem in 2015, the company offered the owner a full inspection and a Mitsubishi representative present and the promise that it would be rectified in line with the company's warranty. On that basis I would suggest you contact Mitsubishi headquarters direct and request similar action on your vehicle.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
- Are there known problems with 2015 Mitsubishi Triton's intercooler pipes/hoses?
- What is causing my Mitsubishi Triton GLX auto to shudder?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2000: Problems putting it in reverse
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with E
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with E
Who invented the first car and when was it made?