Message from 'Smithy'
- Toyota HiLux
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2010
- Toyota HiLux 2010
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota HiLux Reviews
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Reviews
- Toyota Commercial Range
- Toyota Ute Range
- Toyota Wagon Range
- Toyota SUV Range
Asked by Graham Smith
A number of owners of Toyota HiLux utes and Prado wagons have contacted us about the automatic transmission warning light coming on in their cars when they were towing.
Answered by CarsGuide2 Sep 2010
We have passed a number of these reports on to Toyota for their response and last week we received this comment from a Toyota spokesman: "Toyota acknowledges owners comments regarding the ATM light illuminating when towing heavy loads. We are currently investigating the issue. However, we wish to advise, the ATM light only indicates high oil temperature. Owners who experience this condition should follow the 'Owners Manual' instruction, as well as ensuring airflow to the radiator is not blocked."
Other Toyota HiLux problems
- Which 4x4 Dual Cab ute should I buy?
- Will Toyota make a 3.3 litre diesel V6 engine in the Fortuner?
- When is the 2021 Toyota HiLux SR5+ being released?
- What is the fuel consumption for a 1999 Toyota Hilux?
- What dual cab 4x4 ute should I buy?
- Can the Toyota HiLux be flat-towed?
- X-Trail or HiLux?
- Toyota HiLux: How do I check if the chassis is bent?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- When to use low range in your 4x4
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The ultimate guide to dual-battery systems
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
When to use low range in your 4x4
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The ultimate guide to dual-battery systems