Kids on Move
- Kia Grand Carnival
- Kia Grand Carnival 2008
- Kia Advice
- Kia Grand Carnival Reviews
- Kia People mover Range
- 7 seater
Asked by Geoff Laughlin
WE ARE about to have a third child and my wife doesn't want the kids seated all in a row, and we want to be able to take extra passengers. After ruling out the Territory because it has virtually no boot space, and after researching other people-movers, we have narrowed it down to the Kia Grand Carnival. I'm looking at a base model 2008 or later, and there are a few 50,000km ex-rental 2008 models available for $30,000. If I stretched the budget I could buy a new 2009 model for about $37,000. The only difference is stability control became standard on the 2009 model. What do you think of the Grand Carnival? Should I stay away from the ex-rentals? Is stability control such a good feature that I should make sure I get one that has it?
Answered by CarsGuide26 Feb 2010
The Grand Carnival will seat eight, with space left over for luggage, but it's a big vehicle and that counts against it in terms of fuel consumption and agility. Having one with stability control would help keep it under control in an emergency, so I would suggest you go with the later model to ensure you get that feature. Should you decide the 2009 model is too much of a stretch, I wouldn't be too concerned about buying an ex-rental car; they have relatively low kilometres and are not the typical cars that are rented by people who beat them up. Even so, I would check them carefully, just to be sure you're not getting that one lemon that has been abused.
Other Kia Grand Carnival problems
- Is a 2015 Kia Carnival S worth it?
- Cause of high fuel consumption in Grand Carnival?
- iMax or Carnival?
- Best $22,000 family car
- Kia Carnival rear-door electrics problem
- Seven or eight-seater for my family
- Grand Carnival, Prado or Kluger for big family?
- Avensis good pick for a family car?
Most viewed in Advice
- Five best small cars in Australia
- The history of old Holden cars in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Everything you need to know about BYD cars
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Kia
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Five best small cars in Australia
The history of old Holden cars in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Everything you need to know about BYD cars
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?