Ford Focus 2009: Is it a good car?
- Mazda 3
- Toyota Corolla
- Honda Civic
- Ford Focus
- Kia Rio
- Honda Civic 2017
- Kia Rio 2017
- Mazda 3 2017
- Toyota Corolla 2017
- Ford Focus 2009
- Ford Advice
- Honda Advice
- Kia Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Honda Civic Reviews
- Ford Focus Reviews
- Kia Rio Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Honda Hatchback Range
- Kia Hatchback Range
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Geoff
It's been suggested a 2009 Ford Focus Hatchback would serve me well. I live down south and would be driving to Perth, Bunbury and Busso etc. Is this a good buy for touring, or should I go for another hatchback?
Answered by CarsGuide14 Apr 2017
The Focus is a great driving car, but there are serious issues with its dual-clutch automatic transmission, so serious you should avoid it, or buy a manual. Consider others like the Mazda3, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Kia Rio, etc.
Other Ford Focus problems
- Should I sell my 2004 Ford Focus to the wreckers?
- What is the best dog-friendly car?
- Will a 2004 Ford Focus 2.0 manual clutch plate work in a 2009 Ford Focus?
- Which generation Focus can I use to replace a window on a 2016 Ford Focus?
- Where is the fuel filter located in my 2010 Ford Focus?
- Can I use a 2001 Ford Focus motor in my 2002 Ford Focus?
- What octane rating fuel should I be using in my 2014 Ford Focus?
- Can I upgrade the steering wheel for a 2007 Ford Focus to add more controls?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing