Hyundai iLoad 2013: Model year clarification
- Hyundai iLoad
- Hyundai iLOAD 2012
- Hyundai Advice
- Hyundai iLoad Reviews
- Hyundai Commercial Range
Asked by Peter Barr
I bought what I thought was a 2013 Hyundai iLoad demonstrator in November 2012 and the finance paperwork through the dealership reflects this. In December last year I changed insurance companies and the new company said it was a 2012 model year. I asked the dealership at the next service and they said it was an MY12 as it was built in June 2012. I then rang the fleet salesman who told me it was a 2013 as sold to me. What I'm trying to find out is if I have any recourse. The value difference could be up to $3500, according to the sales guides, but the dealer refutes this and says it's only $200 difference.
Answered by CarsGuide27 Jun 2016
What you bought is a 2012 model car, because that's the year it was built. Even if it is called an MY13, the clock starts from the day it was finished on the production line and stamped with its VIN plate. The confusion comes because lots of car companies now have specifications that change earlier than January 1, a practice that began in the US, and which they refer to as Model Year this or that.
Other Hyundai iLoad problems
- Are there any problems with the diesel engines in the 2017 Hyundai iLoad?
- What is the best van for a camper conversion for less than $15000?
- Hyundai iLoad 2009: Can I replace the engine?
- Hyundai iLoad: How reliable is the engine and turbo?
- Hyundai iLoad 2015: Common problems?
- Hyundai iLoad: Do the turbochargers 'blow up'?
- Hyundai iLoad: Should I buy an example with 200,000 km?
- Hyundai iLoad 2014: Gearbox whine
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers