How do I choose between two almost identical cars?
- Ford Ranger
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2018
- Ford Ranger 2014
- Ford Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Ford Ranger Reviews
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Ford Ute Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Vanessa
I need to choose between a 2014 Ford Ranger Wildtrack with 115,000 km on the clock and a 2018 Mitsubishi Triton Exceed that’s done 43,000 km. The Ranger is a single owner vehicle with an impeccable service history with all optional services undertaken, and added extras (bull bar, tow ball, lockable roller door canopy, lined tray). The Mitsubishi has done 43,000 km, there’s no beeping when reversing, no lockable canopy, the tray is unlined, but it’s otherwise the same. I need help after buying two lemons. We live on a property with plenty of kangaroos but won't be towing anything bigger than a trailer with bins, wood etc. Good for kids also as we have three under six.
Answered by CarsGuide26 Jul 2019
Normally my advice would be to buy the newest car with the lowest kilometres and in the best condition. In this case that would be the Triton, which would also comes with what remains of the factory warranty, but on all other counts I would go with the Ranger. The Ranger appears to be in good condition, the kilometres are low for the year, and the service history is just what you want.
Other Ford Ranger problems
- Can an oil cooler keep the transmission cool in my 2014 Ford Ranger?
- Is a Mazda BT-50 or Ford Ranger better for touring?
- Why does my 2015 Ford Ranger cut out for no reason?
- What is causing the clutch to get stuck in my 2013 Ford Ranger?
- What is causing the automatic gearbox to clunk in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
- Why does the fifth gear pop out of my 2007 Ford Ranger when I drive on the highway?
- Is the 2007 Nissan Navara a good choice?
- Is the Ford Ranger, Isuzu D-Max or VW Amarok best for towing a 2.8 tonne caravan?
Most viewed in Advice
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers
12 best EVs available in Australia