Good midsize SUVs for highway driving
- Mazda CX-5
- Hyundai Tucson
- Hyundai ix35
- Hyundai Tucson 2017
- Mazda CX-5 2017
- Hyundai IX35 2014
- Hyundai Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda CX-5 Reviews
- Hyundai Tucson Reviews
- Hyundai ix35 Reviews
- Hyundai SUV Range
- Mazda SUV Range
- Budget cars
- Buying tips
Asked by Dave N
I currently have a leased 2014 Hyundai iX35 Trophy edition, and am looking to get either a Mazda Maxx Sport CX-5 or the new Hyundai Tucson, or do you have another recommendation? My priorities are safety then cabin noise as we do a lot of highway driving. We don't need 4WD, but if possible I'd like a bit more grunt than our current car. Our price range is in the $30-$35K range.
Answered by CarsGuide19 Jun 2017
The CX-5 and Tucson are both highly rated medium SUVs, and I’m sure both would be good choices for your needs. Both are refined and cabin noise doesn’t appear to be a problem with either of them. If I were to choose I would go for the CX-5.
Other Hyundai ix35 problems
- What are the towing specs of a 2013 Hyundai iX35?
- What engine replacement will work in my 2015 Hyundai iX35?
- Hyundai ix35 2013: What does it mean for the system to be shutting down?
- Hyundai iX35 2015: Why is it beeping?
- What small SUV do you recommend?
- Hyundai ix35 2011: Where do I take my car to fix electrical glitches?
- Hyundai ix35 2010: Steering wheel peeling
- Hyundai ix35 2014: Should warranty cover a breaking radio?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Best small cars under $20,000
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Best small cars under $20,000