Fix for Yaris manual problems?
- Toyota Yaris
- Toyota Yaris 2007
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Yaris Reviews
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Colin Fowler
My son is having an issue with a 2007 Toyota Yaris manual he bought second-hand recently. A week after taking possession he drove for about 15 minutes when he was caught for some time in a stationary traffic jam. The car started idling rough, then when he put it in gear the engine shuddered violently and had very little momentum. It was towed to a mechanic who replaced the fuel pump and spark plugs. But it is still occurring when the car is stationary in traffic for long periods. The fuel has been tested and was considered fine.
Answered by CarsGuide4 Jan 2016
I have not heard of those symptoms so get it to a Toyota dealer and have them run the right diagnostics, not just hit-and-miss stuff.
Other Toyota Yaris problems
- What car should I buy to replace my 2006 Toyota Corolla?
- What cars with high seats and a big boot do you recommend?
- Toyota Yaris 2011 and Honda Jazz 2005: Engine longevity
- Toyota Yaris: Is it suitable for off-road driving?
- Toyota Yaris 2006: Doors will not open
- Toyota Yaris 2008: Why aren't my brake lights working?
- What is the cheapest Toyota?
- Toyota Yaris: Key replacement