- Mazda 3
- Mazda 3 2008
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
Asked by Kathryn Currie
I bought a new Mazda 3 Neo Sport in 2008. I was very happy with my 2008 Mazda Neo Sport for the first couple of years, but there is a recurring problem that has not yet been resolved and the car is now out of warranty. In 2010/11 the accelerator got stuck on full throttle while driving, but the dealer was unable to find the fault. The problem occurred a few times since, including once when I had the cruise control on. It has happened both on the freeway and while driving around town. No fault codes have been logged by the vehicle computer system. The issue is frustrating and dangerous, and the
only way to stop the vehicle from over revving is to pull up, brake hard and turn the ignition key off to stall the engine. Mazda dealerships don't seem interested in resolving the problem and I am desperate for technical information.
Answered by CarsGuide25 Jul 2012
Maintain the rage at your dealership, this issue is clearly a dangerous one and needs to be fixed. If the dealer is showing no signs of being interested in fixing it go direct to Mazda and demand their intervention in sorting the problem out. I would expect Mazda to fix your car without charge given that you have reported and had the dealer check it while it was under warranty.
Other Mazda 3 problems
- Which is better: 2014 Mazda 3 Astina or 2016 Mazda 3 SP25?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- Why does the tyre pressure light keep coming on in my 2019 Mazda 3?
- Mazda 3 2007-2018: What size boot to the sedan and hatch have?
- 2012 Mazda 3: Power-steering cutting out
- Mazda 3 2007: Can I replace the transmission control module?
- Mazda 3 2017: How can I reduce the cost of regular servicing?
- What is the best safe and cost-effective car for my kids to drive?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
12 best EVs available in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list