Holden Captiva 2012: Exploded sunroof
- Holden Captiva
- Holden Captiva 2012
- Holden Advice
- Holden Captiva Reviews
- Holden SUV Range
- Family Cars
- 7 seater
Asked by Nigel Nixon
I have a 2012 Series II Holden Captiva LX diesel, which has done 32,000km. I have had a company car for the last 10 months and the Captiva has been in my garage for this period of time. I took it out for a run a total of 4km and left the car outside on a warm day and the sunroof proceeded to explode on the vehicle. I have my vehicle in at Holden as I write this trying to get them to cover it under the 5-year warranty that I have on the car. I am afraid that they will come back saying that it is not covered, as it was my fault. I have been quoted around $2000 to replace it with a non-genuine one, so as you can imagine that is a lot of money. Do you have any suggestions or recourse that I could take back to Holden should they not honour the warranty claim?
Answered by CarsGuide6 Nov 2015
Assuming you have the Holden extended warranty you should be covered in the event the sunroof failed due to faulty workmanship. I've never heard of the problem you experienced before, so it's hard to speculate on the cause. If Holden does reject your warranty claim then request them to cover it under goodwill.
Other Holden Captiva problems
- Should I replace the engine in my 2013 Holden Captiva?
- Why is my diesel 2014 Holden Captiva blowing black smoke?
- Is there a problem with the timing chain in my 2016 Holden Captiva?
- Should I buy a 2009 Holden Captiva?
- What caused my 2013 Holden Captiva to lose power and stop?
- What could be causing a vibration and metallic noise in my 2009 Holden Captiva LT?
- Does the 2013 Holden Captiva have diesel particulate filter issues?
- Is the 2012 Holden Captiva prone to transmission issues?
Most viewed in Advice
- Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking...
- Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
- 14 best cars for towing a trailer
- How to find the right canopy for your HiLux
- Satellite Phone: 5 best sat phones reviewed
- Electric car battery warranties explained
- How to remove scratches from your car
- Ultimate accessory guide for the Toyota HiLux
- What demerit points count if you get booked...
- Best safe car buys for P-platers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking affordable vehicles
Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
14 best cars for towing a trailer
How to find the right canopy for your HiLux
Satellite Phone: 5 best sat phones reviewed
Electric car battery warranties explained
How to remove scratches from your car
Ultimate accessory guide for the Toyota HiLux
What demerit points count if you get booked in another state?
Best safe car buys for P-platers