Best budget 7 seaters?
- Holden Captiva
- Mitsubishi Outlander
- Ford Territory
- Kia Rondo
- Holden Captiva 2006
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2007
- Holden Captiva 2007
- Ford Territory 2008
- Kia Rondo 2008
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2008
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2009
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2010
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2012
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2006
- Kia Rondo 2013
- Kia Rondo 2012
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2011
- Kia Rondo 2009
- Kia Rondo 2010
- Kia Rondo 2011
- Ford Advice
- Holden Advice
- Kia Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Holden Captiva Reviews
- Mitsubishi Outlander Reviews
- Ford Territory Reviews
- Kia Rondo Reviews
- Ford People mover Range
- Ford SUV Range
- Ford Wagon Range
- Holden People mover Range
- Holden SUV Range
- Holden Wagon Range
- Kia People mover Range
- Kia SUV Range
- Kia Wagon Range
- Mitsubishi People mover Range
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- Mitsubishi Wagon Range
- People mover
- 7 seater
- Budget cars
- Buying tips
Asked by Keith
Hi guys. I was hoping you could help me out. I am looking to buy a 2006-2008 7 seater Holden Captiva because my budget doesn't allow for me to afford anything newer. I have done a bit of research online and it seems like there are more bad owner reviews on it then there are good ones. Are they that bad of a car? I have taken one for a test drive and it seemed quite good. Would you recommend buying one with all the trouble that people seem to have with them. If you knowledgeable people can help me out that would be great. I am also looking at 7 seat Ford Territorys as well. Hoping to find something soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Answered by CarsGuide15 May 2017
The used Captiva does appear to be great value, but their shaky reputation for reliability would lead me to consider other options. The Territory would be a better bet, but they are known to have electrical and front suspension issues in the long-term. If you're after an SUV, a seven-seat 2006-12 Mitsubishi Outlander is smart buying at the moment, but if you're just after the seven seats, I highly recommend taking a look at a 2008-13 Kia Rondo. These represent excellent value at the moment. Hope that helps, and keep us posted with your progress.
Other Holden Captiva problems
- Why do all the warning lights on my 2007 Holden Captiva turn on?
- Should I replace the engine in my 2013 Holden Captiva?
- Why is my diesel 2014 Holden Captiva blowing black smoke?
- Is there a problem with the timing chain in my 2016 Holden Captiva?
- Should I buy a 2009 Holden Captiva?
- What caused my 2013 Holden Captiva to lose power and stop?
- What could be causing a vibration and metallic noise in my 2009 Holden Captiva LT?
- Does the 2013 Holden Captiva have diesel particulate filter issues?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers