What's the best $10,000 second-hand small car?
- Mazda 3
- Volkswagen Golf
- Suzuki Swift
- Volkswagen Golf 2015
- Mazda 3 2015
- Suzuki Swift 2015
- Mazda Advice
- Suzuki Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Volkswagen Golf Reviews
- Suzuki Swift Reviews
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Suzuki Hatchback Range
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
Asked by Peter O'Keefe
My brother wants a reliable, safe, energy and cost-efficient smallish car for up to $10,000. I am thinking about a Suzuki Swift, Mazda3, VW Golf or a Subaru. Is it better to buy it privately or via a car yard?
Answered by CarsGuide6 Jul 2015
I would not buy a Golf in the second-hand $10,000 range. The Mazda3 is the best car but he'll probably get better value in a Swift, as it's a size smaller. Buying private will mean better value, but ensure he gets an independent mechanical check.
Other Suzuki Swift problems
- Why does my 2012 Suzuki Swift struggle going up hills?
- Why has my 2009 Suzuki Swift lost power?
- Suzuki Swift Bluetooth: How to Use Bluetooth in a Suzuki Swift?
- What car should I buy to replace my 2006 Toyota Corolla?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- Suzuki Swift 2012: Transmission "slipping" when going up hills
- Suzuki Swift 2008: Can it run on E10 (94) fuel?
- Suzuki Swift 2005: Why is my car making noise?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Every electric car available in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cars that start with S
- Cars that start with D
- Cars that start with K
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Suzuki
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Every electric car available in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the difference?
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cars that start with S
Cars that start with D
Cars that start with K