Is premium diesel better?
Asked by Gary McIlroy
Is all diesel fuel the same, or can you get premium grade like petrol? I was telling my local Ford dealer that I was very happy with my Ford Ranger except it was a bit heavy on fuel and he told me that if I ran it on premium diesel I should get another 100-150 km to the tank. Have you heard of this?
Answered by CarsGuide8 Mar 2011
Caltex make what they call Vortex Premium Diesel, which is claimed to remove deposits that build up over time in injectors and keep the engine running at its best. They claim that Vortex Premium will give you better performance and use less fuel, but I stress that’s the company’s claim.
Other Ford Ranger problems
- Ford Ranger 2019: The gearbox is not engaging
- Ford Ranger: Can I flat-tow the Australian model?
- Ford Ranger 2019: Why does my car shudder?
- Should I buy extended warranty?
- Ford Ranger 2017: Ford won't fix the rusty chassis