Ask Smithy Xtra Rusty Ford Ranger
Asked by Franklin
My son has 2008 Ford Ranger with a well type body that has started to rust around the tie-downs. Ford told him there was a 5-year warranty on the body, but the dealer he purchased it from has fobbed him off. What should he do?
Answered by CarsGuide9 Nov 2010
Before he does anything else he should read the warranty and understand what it includes, and from that what it doesn’t. Body warranties often only provide cover against actual perforation, and not the surface rust you say your son’s car has. Once he understands the provisions of the warranty he can then talk to his dealer, and Ford if that might advance his case.
Other Ford Ranger problems
- Why is my 2018 Ford Ranger making a loud crunching noise?
- Ford Ranger 2019: The gearbox is not engaging
- Ford Ranger: Can I flat-tow the Australian model?
- Ford Ranger 2019: Why does my car shudder?
- Should I buy extended warranty?