Ask Smithy Xtra LPG Commodore running rough
- Holden Commodore
- Holden Commodore 2003
- Holden Advice
- Holden Commodore Reviews
- Holden Sedan Range
- Family Cars'
Asked by Shane O
I had my 2003 Commodore Acclaim converted to LPG by a company recommended to me by the local Holden dealer. Unfortunately the car does not run well, the revs go up and down about every 20 seconds from 600 to 900 rpm. The gas converter tells me it?s a Holden problem, the Holden dealer says it?s an LPG problem. It was running well before it was converted. Can you direct me to a competent LPG dealer who could resolve the problem?
Answered by CarsGuide17 May 2011
There have been thousands of Commodores converted to LPG without any problems, so there’s no reason why yours shouldn’t also run well on gas. Take it back to the installer; it’s his responsibility to get it running properly. If you don’t have success doing that contact the manufacturer of the system he’s fitted to your car and ask for their help in resolving the problem. If you didn’t want to go back to the installer find another one who works with the same system and go to them.
Other Holden Commodore problems
- Mazda 8 - Could Mazda build a Commodore or Statesman-sized sedan?
- What transmission box do I have in my 2007 Holden Commodore VE?
- What oil goes into a 1998 Holden Commodore?
- Why is my 2005 Holden Commodore overheating?
- Will a column-shift auto from a 1999 Holden Commodore ute fit into a 1996 model?
- What type of differential is fitted to the 2001 Holden Commodore?
- Holden Commodore 2010: Does this model suffer from the timing chain issue?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Cars that start with E
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Cars that start with E
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures