Accord Euro ant problems
- Honda Accord
- Honda Accord Euro
- Honda Accord 2007
- Honda Accord Euro 2007
- Honda Advice
- Honda Accord Reviews
- Honda Accord Euro Reviews
- Honda Sedan Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Robert Ius
I was interested to read about Richard Curtis's problem with ants invading the ECU on his Honda Accord, and I add that it is not an uncommon occurrence. My brother's 2007 Accord Euro had the same problem after about 14 months. His ABS light would not go out, so he took the car in for an inspection. At least his dealer was able to show him the dead ants after they sprayed the area. It would appear that black ants and cockroaches are attracted to the coating on the motherboard and as they eat this away create a short circuit. He traced the problem down to a parking spot he used at work during the day that was only a couple of metres from an ants nest that had an active trail across the parking s pot. Since he changed parking spots he has had no problems. ?
Answered by CarsGuide16 Aug 2013
Maybe Richard Curtis could check the area where he parks his car and moves it to a safer location. Your confirmation of an issue suggests Honda could look at better sealing of their ECU to stop ants from entering it.
Other Honda Accord Euro problems
- Electrical fault with my 2006 Honda Accord Euro
- Best replacement for a Calais
- Accord Euro valuation
- Trading up to an SUV
- Luxury replacement for a Mazda 3
- Accord Euro tyre wear
- Honda Euro Luxury paint issue
- Regular servicing
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Honda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained