Accord Euro ant problems
- Honda Accord
- Honda Accord Euro
- Honda Accord 2007
- Honda Accord Euro 2007
- Honda Advice
- Honda Accord Reviews
- Honda Accord Euro Reviews
- Honda Sedan Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Robert Ius
I was interested to read about Richard Curtis's problem with ants invading the ECU on his Honda Accord, and I add that it is not an uncommon occurrence. My brother's 2007 Accord Euro had the same problem after about 14 months. His ABS light would not go out, so he took the car in for an inspection. At least his dealer was able to show him the dead ants after they sprayed the area. It would appear that black ants and cockroaches are attracted to the coating on the motherboard and as they eat this away create a short circuit. He traced the problem down to a parking spot he used at work during the day that was only a couple of metres from an ants nest that had an active trail across the parking s pot. Since he changed parking spots he has had no problems. ?
Answered by CarsGuide16 Aug 2013
Maybe Richard Curtis could check the area where he parks his car and moves it to a safer location. Your confirmation of an issue suggests Honda could look at better sealing of their ECU to stop ants from entering it.
Other Honda Accord Euro problems
- Electrical fault with my 2006 Honda Accord Euro
- Best replacement for a Calais
- Accord Euro valuation
- Trading up to an SUV
- Luxury replacement for a Mazda 3
- Accord Euro tyre wear
- Honda Euro Luxury paint issue
- Regular servicing
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Honda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cheapest electric car in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle is not an EV, yet | Opinion
Top five electric SUVs in Australia