4WD thirsty on fuel
- Toyota HiLux
- Nissan Navara
- Holden Rodeo
- Holden Rodeo 2006
- Toyota HiLux 2006
- Nissan Navara 2006
- Holden Advice
- Nissan Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota HiLux Reviews
- Nissan Navara Reviews
- Holden Rodeo Reviews
- Holden Ute Range
- Nissan Ute Range
- Toyota Ute Range
Asked by Richard Purse
A FRIEND recently told me his Rodeo V6 petrol utility was thirsty and he would be buying a diesel model next time. Is high fuel consumption typical of all petrol V6 utilities? What fuel consumption should be expected from the top three utes --Toyota, Nissan and Rodeo -- in both two and four-wheel-drive?
Answered by CarsGuide12 Oct 2006
IT DEPENDS what you regard as incredibly thirsty. Four-wheel-drives tend to be thirsty. They're heavy and have to drag all that extra four-wheel-drive gear around, and the Rodeo's petrol V6 is a 3.5-litre unit. If fuel consumption is a key consideration for you, try a diesel. Fuel consumption will be much lower, and you won't lose too much performance.
Other Holden Rodeo problems
- Holden Rodeo 2006: What does upgrade mean?
- What ute is a good first car?
- Tip for repairing diesel injectors
- Is mismatching paint on a used car bad?
- Holden Rodeo 2001: Fair valuation?
- Holden Rodeo: Needs a new engine
- Holden Rodeo 1999: Poor LPG economy
- Holden Rodeo 1992: Bad fuel economy
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers