2010 Great Wall V200 heating issue
- Great Wall V200
- Great Wall V200 2011
- Great Wall Advice
- Great Wall V200 Reviews
- Great Wall Ute Range
- Great Wall
- Car Servicing
Asked by Ryan Fuller
I booked my 2010 Great Wall in with my dealer to look at an overheating issue. I also asked for a service to be done at the same time, but the dealer completed the service before looking into and fixing my overheating problem. It also appears that I have a cracked head. I asked the service department what is the worst-case scenario, and was given a price of about $5000. The issue I have is my 2010 model isn't worth very much, so if the price tag to fix it was high I just wouldn't bother fixing it, I'd just go buy another car. The other issue is they are saying that I'm stuck with the service fee and that it's my fault that they serviced the car first and didn't fix the possible major issue. What advice can you give me?
Answered by CarsGuide15 May 2017
There's no doubt in my mind that you are up for the service charge; you asked them to service it and they did. You are correct that your car isn’t worth a lot of money, but it’s worth almost nothing with a cracked head. You could perhaps talk to the dealer about getting a second hand engine from a wrecker and having that fitted. It might be a cheaper option to get the car going.
Other Great Wall V200 problems
- My 2013 Great Wall V200 stopped and won't restart
- Great Wall V200 2012: Won't go into reverse
- Great Wall V200 2013: Wiring
- Great Wall V200 2011: Turbo problems
- Great Wall V200 2012: Why is it losing power?
- Ongoing problems with Great Wall?
- Great Wall warranty success
- Great Wall ute damaged turbo
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Great Wall
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia