XV or Golf?
- Subaru Forester
- Volkswagen Golf
- Subaru XV
- Subaru News
- Volkswagen News
- Subaru Hatchback Range
- Subaru SUV Range
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
- Volkswagen SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Sam O'Boyle
We own a 2010 Subaru Forester and would like to downsize. We are looking at the Subaru 2.0-litre XV or the Volkswagen Golf 1.4-litre turbo. What do you think? We do a lot of highway trips and we're not sure how the Golf will perform on long runs. Is there another car we should look at?
Answered by CarsGuide23 May 2016
My choice would definitely be the Golf, for comfort and the range and economy on the highway. The XV is all right but not great, with a tiny boot, so the VW gets The Tick.
Other Subaru Forester problems
- Subaru Forester 2017: How much can this car tow?
- Subaru Forester 2009: Why are the warning lights flashing on the dash?
- What year is my Subaru Forester?
- Subaru Forester 2008: What should I be looking for in a used car?
- Subaru Forester 2010: Why is my exhaust pipe leaking water?