What is the ordering process for a Tesla Model 3?
- Tesla MODEL 3
- Tesla Model 3 2020
- Tesla Advice
- Tesla MODEL 3 Reviews
- Tesla Sedan Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Asoka
I am exploring options and looking for a Tesla Model 3. I am told that there is a process for ordering, could you please advise on this?
Answered by CarsGuide14 Mar 2020
Tesla certainly does things differently, starting with the cars themselves and extending right throughout the entire purchasing and ownership experience. Basically, Tesla has no dealerships per se, so, to buy a brand-new Tesla you go to the website, create an online account, design the specifics (options and colours) of the car you want and then place your order. And it’s all done electronically.
You then have three days to make any changes to the car’s specification, after which it’s pretty much locked down and Tesla will have begun assembling the bits and pieces that you’ve ordered. It’s after this three-day period that you’ll actually talk to a Tesla employee, who will guide you through the paperwork, payment options and delivery details.
In a way, it’s no different to any other form of online shopping but it does presume that Tesla buyers are also internet savvy enough to trust this process. After all, we’re not talking about pocket-money here, are we?
Other Tesla MODEL 3 problems
- What electric car should I buy?
- Is the tesla model 3 front wheel drive or rear wheel drive?
- How long is a tesla model 3?
- How many horsepower does a tesla model 3 have?
- Where is the tesla model 3 made and how many have been sold?
Most viewed in Advice
- Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol...
- RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol...
- TD42 engine: Your guide to the Nissan turbo...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Tesla
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol six-cylinder motor
RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol motor
TD42 engine: Your guide to the Nissan turbo diesel motor
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000