Jeep Grand Cherokee 2013: Unexplained warning light
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2013
- Jeep Advice
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
- Jeep SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Trevor Saunders
I've read numerous reports of unexplained engine warning light operation on diesel Jeep Grand Cherokees, so I thought I would share my experience of this issue. On several random occasions my 2013 model showed the engine warning light symbol, which would remain on for some time before going off. It was disturbing enough for me to go to my dealer to have it checked out. No real answer was found until I checked the owner's manual and discovered that the warning light can be triggered by failing to tighten the fuel filler cap more than three or more clicks. At no time did the Jeep service people mention this as a possible cause. I have not experienced this problem again, except when I forgot to tighten the filler cap correctly. I hope this helps other owners.
Answered by CarsGuide16 Oct 2015
It's something worth checking for anyone who is having the warning light come on without explanation. Could be a simple fix.
Other Jeep Grand Cherokee problems
- What car should I get to tow a 22-foot caravan around Australia?
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015: Blown automatic transmission.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 1996: Where can I buy a front tailshaft?
- What SUV should I buy?
- Does the Jeep Grand Cherokee have product quality issues?
- Is the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 2015 reliable?
- What towing vehicle should I buy?
- What's the best car for towing a van?