Is the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 2015 reliable?
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015
- Jeep Advice
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
- Jeep SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Joe
I've been considering purchasing a 2014/2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, but have read some unfavourable comments about them. I've also come across one recently advertised for sale stating they have had the engine replaced under warranty! What are your thoughts and experience regarding these cars?
Answered by CarsGuide20 Sep 2019
We are not aware of any specific issues with the SRT’s big V8, but the Grand Cherokee doesn’t have a great reputation for reliability. It has been subject to a number of recalls for various problems, and we would urge you to have a Jeep dealer check any vehicle you might consider buying before you do so. Fuel consumption is also something to think about with the 6.4-litre V8, it uses fuel and usually more than most people anticipate when they buy one.
Other Jeep Grand Cherokee problems
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015: Blown automatic transmission.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 1996: Where can I buy a front tailshaft?
- What SUV should I buy?
- Does the Jeep Grand Cherokee have product quality issues?
- What towing vehicle should I buy?
- What's the best car for towing a van?
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2013: Warranty issues
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2012: Exploded roof
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Jeep
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?