Skoda Superb: Cruise control failure
- Skoda Superb
- Skoda Superb 2018
- Skoda Advice
- Skoda Superb Reviews
- Skoda Sedan Range
- Skoda Wagon Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Ken
I bought a new Skoda Superb wagon in February and love it. It was going great up to couple of months ago when the Auto Cruise Control/Front Assist failed. When I took the car in for its 15,000 km service, they said that the radar was broken and that can only happen if there has been some sort of frontal impact, and quoted me $2700 to replace and repair it. They even removed the front bumper to try and identify if any work had been done on the car (and they concluded there wasn't). There have been no incidents whatsoever; the only way for the radar to be broken without any impact is for it to have been defective from the beginning.
Skoda won't accept that, they are still saying it has been 'hit'.
Answered by CarsGuide21 Dec 2018
It hasn’t been hit, which would be obvious to an experienced eye, and there haven’t been any repairs done to it, so how does Skoda explain that. Your options are to continue pursuing Skoda to repair your car for free, enlist the help of your state consumer affairs people in the hope they might be able to assist you, or pay for it yourself and move on.
Other Skoda Superb problems
- How to reduce the fuel consumption in my Skoda Superb Scout?
- What car is big enough to sleep in the back of?
- What's a good, medium-sized sedan for touring?
- Best replacement for a Calais
- Lodging a goodwill claim
- Good choice SUV for travelling
- Good mid-size family car?
- Good options for station wagons
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Skoda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers
12 best EVs available in Australia