What car is big enough to sleep in the back of?
- Kia Sportage
- Mazda CX-9
- Hyundai Santa Fe
- Ford Mondeo
- Mazda 6
- Skoda Superb
- Ford Mondeo 2017
- Mazda 6 2017
- Skoda Superb 2017
- Kia Sportage 2017
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2017
- Mazda CX-9 2017
- Ford Advice
- Hyundai Advice
- Kia Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Skoda Advice
- Kia Sportage Reviews
- Mazda CX-9 Reviews
- Hyundai Santa Fe Reviews
- Ford Mondeo Reviews
- Mazda 6 Reviews
- Skoda Superb Reviews
- Ford SUV Range
- Ford Wagon Range
- Hyundai SUV Range
- Hyundai Wagon Range
- Kia SUV Range
- Mazda SUV Range
- Mazda Wagon Range
- Skoda SUV Range
- Skoda Wagon Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Raymond
I'm a piano technician who travels through NSW. The job can take me into the evenings and I end up somewhere curled up on the back seat. So I want to find a wagon or suv I can actually put the back seats down flat and sleep in on occasion as its usually too far or too late to find a motel or hotel. I went looking at vehicles to find none really give a distance from the boot to the back seat only volume.
Which wagons and SUVs are actually long enough to do this? The only one I can think of is the Holden sports wagon but I'd take a new Peugeot 3008 if I could sleep in it. By the way I'm 170cm. hope you may have some suggestions.
Answered by CarsGuide23 Oct 2017
It's hard to give you a definite recommendation, as most cargo measurements are in litres rather than floor length, but I reckon most mid-size wagons and large SUVs would do the job for you.
Most of these have a flat boot floor with the seats folded, and likely have ample body length for sleeping.
Don't be afraid to try them out for size at the dealers either. You'd certainly test out a mattress before buying right?!
Other Mazda 6 problems
- Why does it take more effort to steer left in my 2011 Mazda 6?
- What can be done about a broken transfer case in a 2007 Mazda 6?
- What wagon should I buy for less than $35000?
- What car should I buy now that my Mazda 6 doesn't suit my needs?
- Why is there so much cabin noise in my 2015 Mazda 6?
- Mazda 6 2013: High fuel consumption
- Mazda 6: Key fob replacement
- What large sedans do you recommend?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
12 best EVs available in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list