Press car license plate rotation
- Toyota HiLux
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Suzuki SX4
- Infiniti Q70
- Mercedes-Benz C 200
- Mercedes-Benz C 200 Reviews
- Suzuki SX4 2014
- Toyota HiLux 2016
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2016
- Infiniti Q70 2016
- Mercedes-Benz C200 2016
- Infiniti Advice
- Mercedes-Benz Advice
- Suzuki Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota HiLux Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class Reviews
- Suzuki SX4 Reviews
- Infiniti Q70 Reviews
- Infiniti Coupe Range
- Infiniti Sedan Range
- Mercedes-Benz Commercial Range
- Mercedes-Benz Coupe Range
- Mercedes-Benz Hatchback Range
- Mercedes-Benz Ute Range
- Mercedes-Benz Sedan Range
- Suzuki Commercial Range
- Suzuki Coupe Range
- Suzuki Hatchback Range
- Suzuki Ute Range
- Suzuki Sedan Range
- Toyota Commercial Range
- Toyota Coupe Range
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Toyota Ute Range
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Buying tips
Asked by James Wilson
I have just read the latest reviews in CarsGuide of the Mercedes-Benz C200 Coupe, Toyota HiLux Workmate, Infiniti Q70 S and Mercedes-Benz 200D and wonder why these vehicles are wearing Victorian numberplates that are well over three years old. How can they be recently released models? I know how old the numberplates are because we bought my wife's Suzuki SX4 in October 2014 and the new rego is similar.
Answered by CarsGuide22 Aug 2016
There is nothing sinister or underhand here. Car companies rotate their plates on to their newest models to make life a little easier for their fleet administrators.
Other Mercedes-Benz C 200 problems
- Mercedes-Benz C200 2008: Does the timing belt need to be changed?
- Mercedes-Benz C200 2002: How much is a service?
- What's a reliable 4WD?
- What could be causing my '01 Mercedes-Benz 200 to have coolant problems?
- Reliable used 4-cylinder cars?
- How much oil does a '95 Merc take?
- Best fuel type for a C200?
- C200 timing chain stretched
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mercedes-Benz
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best small cars under $20,000
12 best EVs available in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers