Polo DSG transmission problem?
- Volkswagen Polo
- Volkswagen News
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by David
My 2015 VW Polo GTi DSG has a thud/whack when changing into third gear. I read somewhere that one owner was offered a new gearbox and was exploring financial compensation. I have the same problem and want to get help as I am being told VW Australia sees it as a problem, but Germany doesn't and everyone is blaming someone else. Can you help?
Answered by CarsGuide18 Mar 2016
It’s a common problem. A friend of mine has one and she has taken it back to the dealer so many times to have it fixed that she has lost faith in the car and VW. Every time she has taken it in they have updated the transmission software or adjusted it, but the problem has never been fixed. My reading is that VW is saying that it is acceptable and aren’t planning to do anything more about it. Go above the dealer and speak directly to VW’s customer relations people and let them know that you will not be fobbed off.
Other Volkswagen Polo problems
- Volkswagen Polo 2016: Why is my car reversing when in drive?
- What is the durability and re-sale value of a used car?
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Car won't reverse
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Gearbox failed
- Volkswagen Polo 2014: losing water