Mitsubishi Pajero 2011: Oil leak
- Mitsubishi Pajero
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2011
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Pajero Reviews
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
Asked by Max Laverty
I noted that there was oil around the bell housing on my 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero at around 1000 km. Presuming that it was the rear main seal leaking it was mentioned to the dealer at the 1500 km service, but was told that it was a common problem with the Pajero and they would monitor it. As an operator of machinery for the last 40 years I am not happy with this reply, as I know a seal is meant to seal, not weep. The car is coming up for the 15,000 km service and the problem is still there. I would like your thoughts.
Answered by CarsGuide13 Jul 2012
You're right, a seal is meant to seal, not leak. My guess is that if is a weep and not a full blown leak the dealer will want to continue to "monitor" it, whatever they might mean by that. I would get on the front foot with them and demand that it be fixed, it is only likely to get worse and probably leave you with the bill to fix it after the warranty has expired. Get it fixed now and should be no further concern about it.
Other Mitsubishi Pajero problems
- What's a good 4WD for the outback?
- What is causing my 2014 Mitsubishi Pajero to blow black smoke, jolt through gears and only go 60km/h?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2002: Is 324,000kms too many?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2010: What problems are there with this model?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2004: What can I claim from insurance?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2009: Why isn't the accelerator working?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2003: Why is the four-wheel drive symbol flashing?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Everything you need to know about car sharing...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Everything you need to know about car sharing in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia