Message from Smithy
- Toyota HiLux
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2010
- Toyota HiLux 2010
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota HiLux Reviews
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Reviews
- Toyota Commercial Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Toyota Ute Range
Asked by Graham Smith
In the last few weeks we have run a number of reports from owners of Toyota HiLuxes and Prados concerning their automatic transmissions overheating.
Answered by CarsGuide19 Aug 2010
We have passed some on to Toyota for their attention and response, and they have come back to us asking for the details of relevant owners and the dealers they have consulted so their Technical Services Department can deal directly with them in an effort to resolve their complaints. Specifically they would like to contact readers Jim Rogers of Boronia in Victoria and Mick Ryan of Niddrie, also in Victoria. If those two readers contact us at carsguide.com.au, quoting this announcement we will pass their details on to Toyota.
Other Toyota HiLux problems
- Which 4x4 Dual Cab ute should I buy?
- Will Toyota make a 3.3 litre diesel V6 engine in the Fortuner?
- When is the 2021 Toyota HiLux SR5+ being released?
- What is the fuel consumption for a 1999 Toyota Hilux?
- What dual cab 4x4 ute should I buy?
- Can the Toyota HiLux be flat-towed?
- X-Trail or HiLux?
- Toyota HiLux: How do I check if the chassis is bent?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- When to use low range in your 4x4
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained
12 best EVs available in Australia
When to use low range in your 4x4