Nissan Navara 2007: Known issues
Asked by Bruce Alley
I can buy a 2007 Nissan Navara diesel for $17,000. It’s done 171,000 km. I am looking to tow a caravan weighing approx. 1.5 tonnes. What should I look out for?
Answered by CarsGuide3 Oct 2014
The kilometres done are about what you would expect a vehicle of that age would have done, but the price is high. I would think $13,000 to $15,000 is more reasonable. With a 3000 kg towing rating it would comfortably tow your caravan. The things to be aware of are low clutch life and high cost to replace them, and failures of the cam timing chain. The latter is generally put down to poor maintenance, so make sure yours has a credible service record showing regular oil changes.
Other Nissan Navara problems
- Nissan Navara 2010: Why is the engine light coming on?
- Nissan Navara 2019: Accelerator failure code
- Nissan Navara 2011: Why does it go into limp mode?
- Nissan Navara 2008: Where is the device for opening the bonnet?
- Nissan Navara 2019: Infotainment system not working since July upgrade