Hyundai iLoad 2009: Diesel filter clogged
- Hyundai iLoad
- Hyundai ILOAD 2009
- Hyundai Advice
- Hyundai iLoad Reviews
- Hyundai Commercial Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Paul Carnarvon
Like Martin Burgess I too am a 2009 Hyundai iLoad diesel owner that suffered a decrease in performance and power. It was like a switch had been flicked and all power was heavily restricted. My mechanic downloaded the data from the van's ECU and it indicated low fuel pressure as a problem. He serviced it and fitted new filters and it was ok for a couple of weeks, but the problem came back. Everything pointed to the fuel filter and when they cut it open they found it was clogged with what looked like whitish jell. They then cleaned out the tank and fuel pick-up and filled it with fresh diesel. It turns out at some point I had filled up with rubbishy diesel and that was the cause of all my problems. I take my hat off to James and Shane of Brisbane Automotive and Mechanical for fixing the problem.
Answered by CarsGuide2 Aug 2013
It's always worth starting with the basics when trying to trace the cause of a problem, and they are fuel and spark. There's no ignition with a diesel, so fuel should be the focus. Good to see mechanics that know their stuff.
Other Hyundai iLoad problems
- I am looking for a used van... do you have any recommendations?
- Are there any problems with the diesel engines in the 2017 Hyundai iLoad?
- What is the best van for a camper conversion for less than $15000?
- Hyundai iLoad 2009: Can I replace the engine?
- Hyundai iLoad: How reliable is the engine and turbo?
- Hyundai iLoad 2015: Common problems?
- Hyundai iLoad: Do the turbochargers 'blow up'?
- Hyundai iLoad: Should I buy an example with 200,000 km?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- New vs used
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- P plate legal cars in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
New vs used
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
P plate legal cars in Australia