How important is getting regular services?
- Land Rover Discovery 4
- Land Rover Discovery 4 2013
- Land Rover Advice
- Land Rover Discovery 4 Reviews
- Land Rover SUV Range
- Land Rover
- Car Servicing
Asked by Ken Sharrock
I own a 2013 Land Rover Discovery 4, which according to the manual has a service interval of 24,000 km or 12 months. It is now 12 months since my last B-service, but I have only done 10,000 km of highway driving in that time. My math says that's 14,000 km until the next A-service, but time-wise a service is due now. Accordingly, I attempted to book the car in for a service. My local dealer recommends a full A-service, quoting that there are age related service items as well as km related. I appreciate that changing the oil and filter is highly advisable every 12 months, but question whether a full A-service is required at this stage. Is this just an attempt by the service department to drum up business, or are you aware of items (other than oil) that require service based on the passing of time and not km?
Answered by CarsGuide5 May 2017
The recommended interval is 24,000 km or 12 months, not 24,000 km and how ever many months it might take to do 24,000 km. The time recommendation is specified to cover those items that deteriorate with time rather than kays. Have the service done.
Other Land Rover Discovery 4 problems
- Good SUV for outback caravan towing
- Is a Land Rover Discovery a good replacement for a Honda CR-V?
- Replacement options for a 2005 Pathfinder?
- Suitable SUV to replace a Discovery 3?
- Best SUV for towing a caravan?
- Land Rover Discovery 4 auto gearbox sealed for life?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Land Rover
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?