Honda CR-V 2018: Does my car need an oil change?
- Honda CR-V
- Honda CR-V 2018
- Honda Advice
- Honda CR-V Reviews
- Honda SUV Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Mauricio
We purchased a 2018 Honda CRV and took delivery in April 2018. At 4500 km the computer came up with a sign that it needed an oil change soon. We called Honda and were told that it would require an oil change within the
next 1000 km. We called and questioned it as within the service manual it clearly states that it is every 12 months or 10,000 km. We were told that it was due to the driving conditions. This car is used under normal daily commute duties, school drop-offs and the occasional weekend daily road trip. Furthermore, Honda said that if we didn't conduct the oil change it would void the warranty. Again we questioned then what was the veracity of the service interval, as we couldn’t be conducting oil changes three times a year in what we consider to be standard driving conditions. Finally, the service manager just referred to the confidence that the oil monitoring system was doing its job and the oil would be required to be changed. We have never had this situation in any other vehicle brand we've had. Please share your thoughts.
Answered by CarsGuide21 Sep 2018
There doesn’t appear to be anything in your regular driving routine that is out of the ordinary, nothing that would demand more frequent oil changes. I would question the advice you have been given by the dealer and Honda, and I would ask that the oil monitoring system be checked to see that it isn’t giving false readings.
Other Honda CR-V problems
- Thinking about a Honda CR-V and its engine service life. Does the engine have a timing belt or chain?
- What's wrong with my 2006 Honda CR-V engine?
- What's the correct oil type for my Honda CR-V, and is it tricky to change it yourself?
- Why is the plastic around the gear shift on my 2019 Honda CR-V deforming?
- Honda CR-V 2020: Should I buy AWD?
- Should I buy a Toyota RAV4 or a Honda CR-V?
- Honda CR-V 2015: How do I change the clock?
- What seven seat SUV should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Everything you need to know about car sharing...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Honda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Everything you need to know about car sharing in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia